Has your hair been looking dry and dull for a while? Hair masks made with natural products have become very popular, since due to the richness
Has your hair been looking dry and dull for a while? Hair masks made with natural products have become very popular, since due to the richness of nutrients in these ingredients, they help us to strengthen the scalp and to prevent some hair problems. In the event that your hair is weak, dry or has a tendency to breakage at the ends, it is necessary that the home treatment contains ingredients that mainly give us moisturizing and regenerating properties.
To do this, one of the most used masks in these cases is the one made with egg and mayonnaise, two ingredients that help strengthen even the most damaged hair. That is why in the following Great Looking Hair article we teach you how to make a egg and mayonnaise hair mask and, in addition, we tell you all its hair properties.
Properties of the egg and mayonnaise for hair
As we have anticipated, the homemade egg and mayonnaise mask is an ideal remedy for dry hair or hair that tends to fall out or split its ends in half, among other problems. Next, we will explain the properties of both the egg and mayonnaise that will improve the health of your hair.
Properties of the egg for hair
- nutritional properties: due to its high protein content, the egg has excellent nutritional properties that favor the growth of thicker and more resistant hair, thus preventing it from breaking so easily.
- moisturizing properties: the richness of proteins in this food also gives it powerful moisturizing properties, ideal for combating the lack of hydration that causes dryness in the scalp. Thanks to these properties, the egg hydrates even the deepest layers of the hair fibers, leaving it soft and luminous.
- regenerative properties: In addition to its high protein intake, the egg also has a wealth of vitamins, especially biotin, which provides regenerative properties. Thanks to this, it accelerates the growth of healthy and strong hair and prevents, in turn, its fall.
- antiseptic properties: its richness in biotin gives it antiseptic properties, which are ideal for deeply cleaning our scalp and avoiding problems such as dandruff and excess sebum.
Properties of mayonnaise for hair
- moisturizing properties: one of the ingredients that mayonnaise contains is olive oil, which gives excellent moisturizing properties to our hair. In this way, we reduce the lack of hydration of damaged or very dry hair and as a result we obtain healthier and stronger hair fibers.
- Anti-frizz properties: Due to the richness of healthy fatty acids in olive oil, mayonnaise has anti-frizz properties, another problem caused by lack of hydration. As a result of this benefit, we will reduce the frizz of the hair and it will look softer and smoother. If this is your case, you may also be interested in this other article on Masks for curly hair.
- Antiseptic and antibacterial properties: Another ingredient in mayonnaise is apple cider vinegar, which is rich in acids and flavonoids. Thanks to these nutrients, this food sauce also has excellent antiseptic and antibacterial properties, so it deeply cleanses the hair and prevents conditions such as flaking, dandruff or other irritations that damage the hair.
How to make an egg and mayonnaise hair mask
Now that we know all the properties that this home remedy for dry hair contains, here we explain how to make the egg and mayonnaise mask. For this, you will only need the following amounts:
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preparation and treatment
Other homemade egg hair masks
The mask that we have explained above is to improve the appearance of hair with a tendency to be dry. However, there are other egg masks that can be very effective for other types of hair:
- Egg anti-frizz mask: if you want softer and less frizzy hair you will have to process two strawberries, natural yogurt, two egg whites and two teaspoons of honey in a blender. When you have obtained a homogeneous paste, apply it in the same way as in the previous step by step.
- Egg mask for excess dandruff: in this case you will have to mix the yolk of an egg together with 10 drops of tea tree oil until you get a light cream. Apply it to wet hair like a shampoo and let it work for a minute. Finally, rinse the remedy with plenty of warm water.
- Home treatment for hair loss: process in a blender 1 whole egg together with a tablespoon of olive oil and two of honey. When you get the mask, apply it on the scalp for 30 minutes and then rinse your hair with plenty of warm water. Finally, wash your hair in the usual way.
If you liked this article on how to make an egg and mayonnaise hair mask, you may also be interested in this other Great Looking Hair article on How to make a nourishing hair mask.
If you want to read more articles similar to Egg and mayonnaise hair maskwe recommend that you enter our Beauty and Personal Care category.