Do you want to show off soft and radiant hair? Our hair is exposed daily to different harmful agents such as the abuse of dryers or irons, dye
Do you want to show off soft and radiant hair? Our hair is exposed daily to different harmful agents such as the abuse of dryers or irons, dyes with an excess of chemical substances, the pollution found in the air of our city, the sun’s rays and even a diet poor in vitamins and minerals. . All this affects the health of the hair fibers, resulting in weak, dry and brittle hair. However, if this is your case, there is still time to restore the vitality of your hair in an economical and simple way: homemade hair masks.
In the following Great Looking Hair article we explain how to do one of the best treatments for damaged and brittle hair: the egg and olive oil hair mask. Keep reading these lines and discover the excellent hair properties that this home remedy has.
Properties of the egg for hair
The egg is a great food that we should include in any healthy diet. But, in addition, it is an excellent ingredient for many hair treatments due to its richness in different nutrients such as proteins, minerals (including iron and selenium) and vitamins (A, B5, B12, D and E). All this nutritional richness makes these the properties of the egg for hair:
- Its richness in some vitamins, especially in B12 or biotin, provides excellent stimulating properties They help speed up hair growth. In addition, as a consequence, it slows down and prevents hair loss. Here you can read about How to grow hair with egg.
- The egg is a food with a high protein content, which gives it properties that strengthen the hair fibers. Thus, hair grows stronger and thicker and, in addition, it improves its resistance and prevents it from breaking so easily, especially at the ends.
- It has powerful moisturizing and nourishing properties that deeply hydrate our hair and makes it look softer, more radiant and silky. In addition, this benefit is especially useful for dry and damaged hair, since the egg helps it grow back in a healthy way.
- It is also an excellent treatment for those hairs that tend to be oily, since it has astringent properties that regulate excess sebum on the scalp. These properties also make it a good remedy for other hair problems such as dandruff.
Here you can learn more about the benefits of eggs for hair.
Properties of olive oil for hair
Another natural product that is often used in different hair masks due to its richness in vitamins, minerals and healthy fatty acids is olive oil. Below, we list some of the properties and benefits of olive oil for hair:
- Its richness in fatty acids make it a powerful natural moisturizer that helps us to deeply moisturize the capillary fibers of the hair, which is especially suitable for damaged and dry hair.
- It has a high content of vitamin E, which gives it excellent properties that stimulate and accelerate the healthy hair growth and strong.
- Its contribution in vitamin C increases the production of collagen in the hair fibers. As a consequence, our hair becomes much thicker, denser and more abundant.
- It has amazing regenerative properties that help repair those split and dry ends. In this way, we get the ends to be fully hydrated again and, as a consequence, they do not break so easily.
- Lastly, olive oil is a good remedy to reduce hair frizz due to its moisturizing properties. As a result, we get much softer and easier to manage hair.
In this other post you can read about How to use olive oil on your hair.
How to make an egg and olive oil hair mask
Now that we know the properties and benefits of both natural ingredients for hair care, we can go on to make an egg and olive oil mask for the hair. To make this home remedy correctly you will need the following quantities and steps to follow:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preparation and treatment
If you want to read more articles similar to Egg and olive oil hair maskwe recommend that you enter our Beauty and Personal Care category.