Are you worried about the state of your hair? Have you ever wondered how to be sure that your hair is perfect? In this OneHowTo article, we a
Are you worried about the state of your hair? Have you ever wondered how to be sure that your hair is perfect? In this OneHowTo article, we are going to help you put an end to these concerns by showing you some infallible techniques with which you can assess whether your hair is dehydrated, dry, weak, brittle, has lost its shine, etc. or, on the contrary, if it is in excellent condition and you are lucky enough to have radiant and vital hair. Stay tuned and discover in the following lines how to know if your hair is healthy
Characteristics of healthy hair
There are many women who have damaged and damaged hair and, due to ignorance, do not provide it with the care it needs on a daily basis to renew itself and become healthy again. To prevent this from happening to you, below we detail what characteristics are the ones that will tell you that you hair is completely healthy, so you can also know if you need a repair treatment urgently. Take note!
- It is flexible and strong. Healthy hair remains strong and supple, can be easily untangled and does not fall out excessively. It is normal to lose between 50 and 100 hairs a day, but when hair loss is pronounced, it will be essential to go to a specialist to treat the cause that is causing the problem.
- It is smooth and shiny. Healthy locks look radiant, have a spectacular natural shine and are silky to the touch.
- The hair ends are hydrated and they remain equal. On the contrary, split, dry ends that break or break frequently are synonymous with damaged hair that grows with difficulty. Do not forget that to clean up your hair, you must cut the ends at least once every 3 months.
- It is manageable and easy to comb. Healthy hair is easy to comb and does not frizz at the slightest contact with humidity. If your hair is very rebellious, it has a lot of static electricity and it fluffs up at the first change, then it is not 100%.
- The scalp is in perfect conditionIt is light and flexible. It should not present flaking, dandruff or produce too much fat.
Tricks to know if your hair is healthy
If despite knowing the traits that show that hair is healthy, you still have doubts or want to confirm it in practice, keep reading! There are certain techniques and homemade tricks that you can easily carry out at home and that in a matter of seconds, can help you know if your hair remains healthy or, on the contrary, it is damaged and needs extra nutrition and hydration.
- Test to know if the hair is dry: pass a barbed comb through your hair, sliding it from the roots to the ends, or you can also do it with your fingers. In the event that the comb or fingers get stuck in the middle of the hair, it means that your hair is somewhat dry and you should give it more hydration. If it gets completely stuck when you get to the ends, then the dryness is extreme and you will need a more powerful nourishing treatment.
- Test to know if the hair is weak: Take a hair at both ends and run your thumb and index finger over it, applying light pressure. If the hair in question takes a spiral shape, you can rest assured that your hair is in good condition. You will have to worry when the hair breaks, which means that your hair is weakened and has lost density and volume.
- Water test: put the previous hair or a new one in a container with water. If it returns to its original shape in less than a minute, your hair is healthy. On the other hand, if it takes longer to do so, it is because it has lost some of its properties, such as elasticity and, therefore, it is more porous.
- Flour test: Place 1 tablespoon of flour on a plate and then pass a lock of hair through it. If you see that the flour adheres to your hair and it gets dirty, it means that the cuticles are raised; but if it comes out almost clean, it’s more than healthy.
- Gloss test: take a thick strand of hair and bend it so that the ends are touching the part of the scalp. If you notice that the mid-lengths are shiny but the ends are dull, then you will need a treatment to recover the lost luminosity. Now, if your hair looks dull and dull at the ends, mid-lengths and roots, it will require a more strict and prolonged treatment. Discover the common causes of this problem, by consulting the article Why my hair does not shine.
Care for healthier hair
When the hair is deeply damaged, dehydrated and dull, it is very important to put yourself in the hands of a specialist and start the appropriate treatments to restore its vitality. Remember that you must be constant if you want to notice the results in the short and long term.
Likewise, it is essential that you worry about the state of your hair on a daily basis and do not subject it to unnecessary damage and aggression. We advise you to take into account the following recommendations to have healthy, beautiful and enviable hair:
- Wash it with a shampoo that really suits your needs and don’t forget the application of a conditioner to hydrate it from root to tip.
- Offer it extra nutrition by applying masks or natural oils once a week. The home remedies for damaged hair that we show you in this article work wonders.
- Using a hair serum is a good way to get rid of damaged hair in much less time. They are much more concentrated lotions that act faster. Discover all its benefits in the article What is the hair serum for.
- Avoid subjecting your hair frequently to the high temperatures of the dryer or iron. And in case you are going to do it, apply a thermal protector on your hair beforehand.
- Cut your hair from time to time to remove damaged parts and make sure it grows healthy and faster.
If you want to read more articles similar to How do I know if my hair is healthy?we recommend that you enter our Beauty and Personal Care category.