Has your hair stopped growing regularly? Lack of hair growth is a fairly common problem today and is usually caused by some common causes, amo
Has your hair stopped growing regularly? Lack of hair growth is a fairly common problem today and is usually caused by some common causes, among which are lack of hair care or hygiene, brittle ends, excess dandruff or sebum on the scalp and/or lack of moisture in the hair fibers. Although there are different hair products to solve this problem, these can be out of our reach because they are usually quite expensive.
For this reason, in this Great Looking Hair article, we will inform you about an economical and natural remedy that stands out for its excellent properties for hair: cinnamon. Read on to know how to grow hair with cinnamon and that you can wear healthy, long and abundant hair.
Nutritional composition of cinnamon
Cinnamon, or also scientifically called Cinnamomun verum, is a very popular aromatic spice for the preparation of various dishes and desserts due to its delicious flavor and its health benefits. All this is due to its following nutritional composition:
- vitamins: Cinnamon is especially rich in vitamin C, although it also has a good supply of thiamin and niacin.
- minerals: It has a good contribution of zinc, copper, iron, nickel, potassium, manganese, phosphorus and calcium.
- Fatty acids: among them, ascorbic and palmitic.
- mucilage: is a type of soluble fiber.
- Essential oils: Cinnamon is very rich in oils such as cinnamaldehyde, cuminaldehyde, phenols, eugenol and cymene.
Properties and benefits of cinnamon for hair
Thanks to its richness in different nutrients, cinnamon has the following properties and benefits for hair:
- stimulating properties: It is a good hair treatment to accelerate hair growth, since it has excellent stimulating properties that act on the hair fibers.
- antiseptic properties: thanks to them, it combats some hair problems such as dandruff and excess sebum.
- exfoliating properties: so it helps to eliminate dead cells that accumulate on the scalp and, therefore, to cleanse the hair in depth.
- antioxidant properties: due to this, it can be used as a natural dye, since cinnamon is ideal for lightening hair, especially those with blonde and brown tones.
- repairing properties: its richness in antioxidants also gives it powerful repairing properties that regenerate damaged hair cells, prevent dryness and, consequently, slow down and prevent hair loss.
How to grow hair with cinnamon – step by step
We have already seen that cinnamon is a spice that turns out to be quite beneficial to use as a hair treatment to accelerate hair growth and repair it in depth. To enjoy these wonderful properties, we will prepare a homemade mask (or cinnamon shampoo) with the following ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Half a glass of virgin olive oil
Preparation and treatment
As it is a mask made with natural ingredients, perseverance is required to notice results in a short period of time, so if what you are looking for is how to grow hair in a week, this may not be your best option. However, as it is a natural product, in the long run your hair would notice it and thank you for it. Try applying the cinnamon mask on your hair between once and twice a week to accelerate its growth. You may also be interested in this other article on How to make a honey and cinnamon hair mask.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to grow hair with cinnamonwe recommend that you enter our Beauty and Personal Care category.