Advertising and consumer society often make us believe that in order to have healthy, shiny and beautiful hair, it is necessary to spend large
Advertising and consumer society often make us believe that in order to have healthy, shiny and beautiful hair, it is necessary to spend large amounts of money on cosmetic products and special shampoos. However, this is not only not the case, but also these products usually include chemicals that can damage our hair. On the other hand, there are plants and natural products that can benefit you equally or more without putting your hair health at risk.
One of them is rosemary oil, an excellent alternative to restore shine to your hair and prevent hair loss. In the following Great Looking Hair article we will explain how to make a rosemary oil hair mask and, in summary, everything you need to know about how to use rosemary oil for hair. Discover its properties, benefits and much more!
Properties of rosemary oil for hair
Before talking about how to use rosemary essential oil for hair, it is essential that you know the benefits and properties of this ingredient. Rosemary is a shrub that has its origin on the Mediterranean coast, where its properties have been used for hundreds of years to treat various conditions of the body (menstrual pain, mental activation, acne, etc.). However, in What stands out most about this plant is its use for hair.
In this sense, rosemary has great properties antiseptic, antifungal, revitalizing and stimulating perfect for improving blood flow to the scalp. In addition, rosemary contains nutrients such as vitamins A, B2, B6 and C, as well as iron, zinc and phosphorus, among other minerals.
But how does this translate? Below we explain in detail what is rosemary oil for in hair.
What is rosemary used for in hair?
Thanks to the properties of rosemary for hair We can already get an idea of what are the benefits of rosemary oil for hair. However, it is worth emphasizing these benefits so that you can make the most of this ingredient.
- Makes hair grow stronger: This natural stimulant causes more blood to reach the hair follicles and fills them with great nutrients, so hair grows healthier.
- Avoid hair infections: The antifungal properties of this ingredient prevent the appearance of problems such as ringworm, a skin rash caused by a fungal infection.
- Prevents the appearance of gray hair: rosemary promotes hair pigmentation, so it can hide gray hair effectively and naturally.
- Delays hair loss: Being a natural stimulant, rosemary strengthens the hair and nourishes it with its vitamins and minerals, thus combating premature hair loss.
- Fight excess fat: rosemary is a natural sebum regulator, so it will fight excess oil on your scalp and prevent skin irritations caused by it.
Now that you know that we are facing one of the best hair oilsthe time has come to discover how to make rosemary oil for hair and how to use it correctly.
How to make rosemary oil for hair
The safest and most effective way to use this ingredient is by applying it directly to the hair after mixing it with your usual shampoo (as we will see later) or by mixing 3-4 drops with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, another great ingredient for your hair. To make your own homemade rosemary oil, follow these steps:
Remember do not use the oil alone directly on your head and mix it well with the coconut oil that we have told you or use it in one of the following ways. Keep reading!
How to use rosemary oil for hair
Rosemary has been, since ancient Greece, a very popular remedy to treat skin and hair conditions such as alopecia and dandruff. It should be noted that rosemary is capable of stimulating the root of the scalp and, in turn, preventing it from flaking, which is why it is one of the most used ingredients. As if that were not enough, rosemary is also perfect for give your hair more shine and strengthmaking it look much healthier and more beautiful.
Therefore, from oneHOWTO we recommend you make a rosemary oil hair mask. This is a fantastic way to take advantage of its properties that also allows us to combine other natural products to enhance its benefits. You will need to:
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chamomile
- 1 tablespoon rosemary oil
- Two cups of water
How to make rosemary oil hair mask
rosemary oil in shampoo
Beyond the mask, another very effective way to take advantage of the benefits of rosemary oil for hair is through a traditional shampoo. You must use the following ingredients:
- Neutral Ph shampoo: this shampoo will serve as a base to add the rest of the ingredients. A good option is to use those that are aimed at babies, which are usually very soft and respectful of the skin and hair.
- Rosemary oil
- vitamin E capsules: you can find them in any natural store and even in pharmacies. They are ideal to complement rosemary oil, as they also help combat hair loss and reactivate the roots to give it strength.
Simply pour ten drops of rosemary oil and the two vitamin E capsules into the shampoo bottle, shaking vigorously so that everything is well mixed.
How to apply rosemary oil to hair
The method of application is the same as any other shampoo: with damp or wet hair, rub it in with a small circular massage made with your fingertips and leave it to act for about 10 minutes. After this time, rinse your hair with plenty of warm or cold water.
These are the main ways in which you can use rosemary oil for hair, however, in this other Great Looking Hair article we explain what to do if you want to use rosemary for gray hair.
Contraindications of rosemary oil
Being a natural product does not mean that it is harmless or suitable for everyone. And it is that whenever we use a natural remedy we must carefully monitor if its components can cause us any health problem. The use of rosemary is contraindicated for:
- People allergic to rosemary, of course.
- Pregnant or lactating women.
- People with atopic dermatitis or who have very sensitive skin. In that case you can substitute rosemary oil for almond oil. In the following article we teach you how to make a honey and almond mask.
If you want to read more articles similar to How to use rosemary oil for hairwe recommend that you enter our Beauty and Personal Care category.