Would you like to show off healthy, silky and luminous hair again? Many times we do not pay the necessary attention to our hair and, little by
Would you like to show off healthy, silky and luminous hair again? Many times we do not pay the necessary attention to our hair and, little by little, the lack of basic care takes its toll on it, turning it into hair that looks damaged, dull and totally dry due to dehydration. To solve these problems, in addition to cutting our ends from time to time, we can also use some hair products such as masks and creams that will help us keep you healthy.
Although we can find these treatments in hairdressers and cosmetics stores, at OneCOMO we want to offer you much cheaper and more natural solutions for caring for your hair. For this reason, in the following oneHOWTO article we will explain how to make a yogurt and honey hair mask, two ingredients that will help you improve the health of your hair. Keep reading!
Properties and benefits of yogurt for hair
Natural yogurt is a food that stands out for its high nutritional value, which makes it ideal as an ingredient in any hair mask, since its nutrients provide the following properties for hair:
- moisturizing properties: Yogurt is an excellent moisturizer that helps the scalp absorb and maintain its natural moisture. Thanks to this, this product prevents hair dryness and, therefore, helps make hair softer and shinier.
- antibacterial properties: this dairy product is a good option to combat some hair problems such as excess sebum and dandruff, as it both eliminates the accumulation of bacteria and prevents them from reappearing in the hair fibers.
- exfoliating properties: natural yogurt is rich in lactic acid, which gives it a powerful exfoliating effect that helps to remove dead cells and other traces of dirt accumulated on our scalp.
- Anti-frizz properties: this product acts as a kind of natural conditioner, since it manages to avoid both the frizz effect and the presence of tangles in the ends and also gives our hair a touch of softness.
If you have frizz problems, you may also be interested in this other article on How to avoid frizz in your hair.
Benefits and properties of honey for hair
Honey is a food product that is used to sweeten different desserts in a healthy and natural way. However, in addition to being a natural “sugar”, it is also a recommended product for hair care, since it has the following hair benefits:
- moisturizing properties: Like yogurt, honey is a food with excellent moisturizing properties that prevent the scalp from losing its moisture and, consequently, from drying out.
- strengthening properties: due to its richness in antioxidants and minerals, honey stimulates the growth of healthy and strong hair and, therefore, helps prevent both hair loss and split ends.
- antiseptic properties: this sweetener effectively eliminates the presence of bacteria and traces of dirt from the hair, thus preventing the appearance of hair problems such as dandruff or dermatitis.
- nutritional properties: thanks to its high content of vitamins and minerals, honey helps to revitalize and deeply nourish the hair, giving it a softer and more luminous appearance.
If your hair is dry and damaged and you want to recover its natural shine and softness, you may also be interested in this other Great Looking Hair article on How to treat dry and damaged hair.
Yogurt and honey mask for damaged hair
Now that we know the different properties of the ingredients of our home remedy for hair, below we will explain how to make a yogurt and honey hair mask with a simple step by step.
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Half a glass of plain yogurt
Preparation and treatment
Another recipe for hair that you may also find interesting is this one about Egg and mayonnaise hair mask.
Other yogurt and honey hair masks
In addition to the above home remedy, we can also make masks for dry and damaged hair with other recipes where we mix either yogurt or honey with other natural ingredients:
- Honey and cinnamon hair mask: This spice is a good option, since it has antiseptic and repairing properties that regenerate damaged hair. Mix 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and half a glass of hot olive oil in a bowl until you get a creamy mask. When the mask cools, apply it all over damp hair and let it work for 15 to 30 minutes. Finally, remove the remains with warm water and wash your hair in the usual way.
- Hair mask with egg, honey and yogurt: We use the egg for its moisturizing and strengthening properties due to its richness in protein. Beat 2 natural yogurts, 2 tablespoons of honey and an egg in a bowl (use only the white if you have oily hair) and apply the mixture once you have washed your hair. Let it act for 20 minutes and then rinse your hair with plenty of cold water.
- Honey and coconut oil hair mask: this oil has excellent moisturizing and repairing properties that combat both dryness and frizz of the hair. Heat 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and mix it with 2 tablespoons of honey. Moisten your hair and apply this mask to the scalp, leaving it to act for approximately 30 minutes. Finally, remove the product with warm water.
Now that you know how to make a yogurt and honey hair mask, you may also be interested in this other Great Looking Hair article on How to make a chocolate hair mask.
If you want to read more articles similar to Yogurt and honey hair maskwe recommend that you enter our Beauty and Personal Care category.